Access Statement for The Duchy, 5 Edward Street, Bath BA2 4DT ¶
The following is an Access Statement for The Duchy, a listed Georgian Townhouse in the centre of Bath.
Contact The Duchy by
T: 01225 464238
- Directions by air, road and rail can all be found at the Directions page on www.theduchybath.co.uk
- The Duchy is located near the city centre in Bath and is a 5 minute level walk from attractions, restaurants and shops.
- Nearest local shops for provisions are two to three minutes walk away. There is a Tesco Express up Bathwick Hill, a late night convenience store at Argyle Street (level walk) and a large Waitrose at the Podium Shopping Centre (level walk).
- For details of disability equipment hire services and local Radar toilets see www.bathnes.gov.uk or phone Bath & North East Somerset Council on (01225) 477000.
- Local taxis can be booked via 01225 444444.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities ¶
- There is garage parking available for one car at the rear of The Duchy and keys will be given to you on arrival if required. The garage is accessed via an arch in Darlington Street. Access from the garage to the basement of the property is level access and lit by intruder lights at night.
- There is also one Residents Parking Permit which again will be given to you on arrival if required. Access from the street level is to the Ground Floor.
- Apart from these there is short term metred parking available at Great Pulteney Street and further Long Stay Car Parks a five minute walk away (see map on website)
- There is a buzzer at the front door which can be heard on all floors and an electronic opening system which can be operated from all floors
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area ¶
- There are two entrances to the property: the main entrance which is from Edward Street at Ground Floor level and the Rear entrance via the garage which is at Ground Floor level. There are three low level steps up to the main entrance and the garage entrance is level.
- The visual only brass sign on the wall reads The Duchy and there is an entry system which involves pressing a brass buzzer which is audible on all floors.
- We operate a meet and greet system and this should be organised by contacting Laura in advance on 01225 464238.
- Although the hall and reception areas together with one of the bedrooms are on one floor the house is arranged over 5 floors and there are steps to each of the bathrooms, kitchen and drawing room.
- Pets are not permitted at The Duchy.
- The Duchy is strictly no smoking.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc ¶
- The Duchy is an original listed Georgian Townhouse and there are no lifts or escalators - only stairs and lots of them!
- There is a central Georgian wooden handrail on spindles running the full length of the stairs.
- The colours in the main areas are golden carpets, white skirtings and flax coloured walls.
- There are no provisions for either babies or pets.
- As a Georgian property, the stairs and corridors are generously wide.
- The property is spread over 5 floors (see plan at www.theduchybath.co.uk).
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc ¶
- With 5 floors to the property the main areas are all divided by stairs. There is fully fitted carpet throughout except for Bathroom and cloakroom which have vinyl and the shower room which has tiles
- There is a laundry room with washer and seperate dryer on the mezzanine between the ground and basement floors.
Self-Catering Kitchen ¶
- The fully equiped kitchen is on the Basement floor and is reached via steps from the main entrance or via a pathway and the garden from the Garage area.
Grounds and Gardens ¶
- The garden surface is mainly gravel and there is garden furniture including both table with chairs and a bench.
- There is an ornamental formal pond with raised edges (about 15 centimetres)The fully equiped kitchen is on the Basement floor and is reached via steps from the main entrance or via a pathway and the garden from the Garage area.
Additional Information ¶
- As regards disabled access it should be emphasised that The Duchy is a listed Georgian Townhouse arranged over 5 Floors. It is also a level walk into the City Centre.
- The Duchy is strictly no smoking.
- Pets are not allowed
- Specific requests should be made to Alex on 01225 464238 or emiled in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 Edward Street
Telephone: 01225 464238
Emergency number: 01225 464238
Future Plans ¶
- A programme of continous improvement
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01225 464238 or email email@example.com.